Monique Parrish, Founder and Director of LifeCourse Strategies, has over 25 years of experience in the fields of social work and public health. Much of her professional work has been dedicated to the development of programs and services for persons with chronic illness and disability. Under Dr. Parrish's direction, the mission of LifeCourse Strategies is to assist health and social service organizations build bridges from concept to practice, to deliver quality programs and services.
Dr. Parrish began her career as a Peace Corps health volunteer in the Central African Republic. Since that time she has worked in a variety of settings providing clinical, managerial, and consulting services directly to and on behalf of persons with illness management and long-term support needs. Dr. Parrish has provided technical workgroup facilitation, consulting, and report writing for various California state departments in association with multiple statewide initiatives addressing the needs of persons with special health care needs.
Dr. Parrish received her Master of Public Health and Master of Science in Social Work from Columbia University and her Doctorate in Public Health from the University of California, Berkeley. She is the author of numerous journal articles addressing health, caregiving, and patient empowerment and a frequent presenter on these topics.
LifeCourse Strategies Consulting & Educational Clients Include:
- California Association for Adult Day Services
- California Association of Areas Agencies on Aging
- California Department of Health Care Services
- California Department of Mental Health
- California Health Advocates
- California Health and Human Services Agency
- California HealthCare Foundation
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Institute for Geriatric Social Work, Boston University
- Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health
- National Association of Social Work, California Chapter
- Riverside County Office on Aging
- The Care Transitions Program, University of Colorado Denver
- The SCAN Foundation